At Patientco, we are building the future of healthcare payments. Our technology is helping create a better payment experience for patients and in turn, providing incredible value to healthcare providers across the U.S. Whether you are customer facing or working diligently behind the scenes, everyone at Patientco plays a vital role in improving the healthcare experience of millions of people. It’s a big job, but we wouldn’t have it any other way!
As a Customer Advocate, you will be an integral part of the Customer Operations team working directly with patients and providers. You should have a love of improving our customer’s experience when they contact Patientco. You will be responsible for addressing customer needs and providing enhanced customer service to clients and their patients. Want to resolve customer inquiries? Want to share experience and create feedback that improves our product and services? Does that sound like you? Read on!
KEY SKILLS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 Years of Experience in customer service with a strong preference of Customer Service experience in technology focused organization
- Excellent customer service skills – the ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious
- Proven clear and professional communication skills, both verbally and in writing is required
- Excellent problem solver with proven ability to take in information and identify root cause
- Strong technical aptitude with ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
- Aptitude to evaluate, troubleshoot and follow-up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation
- Ability to work on competing priorities while ensuring all timelines are met with highest levels of customer experience.
- Resourceful in developing alternative solutions and meeting objectives in a real time, fast paced environment
- A passion for helping people solve problems
- Excels working in a team environment
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and attention to accuracy
- Strong work ethic and team player
- A sense of humor
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer patient phone calls and escalate problems to provider as necessary
- Answer provider (customer) calls to address questions and provide basic troubleshooting support
- Proactively work to identify errors, root causes analysis and alert relevant parties to work issues as needed
- Respond to all inquiry and trouble tickets delivered via online mechanisms (Zendesk, email) with professionalism, timeliness, and accuracy
- Research, review, and associate checks and scanned items to ensure correct application to patient accounts
- Ensure HIPAA compliance with monthly audits of Zendesk tickets for PHI
- Assist with solution/production functionality, usability, user acceptance testing prior to releases and/or updates
- Gather data from customer interactions to improve team metrics
- Partner within organization to improve tools used for daily work
We are a team at Patientco and that’s not just some corporate mumbo jumbo. We expect a ton out of everyone here but that’s what makes it great. The whole is far greater than the sum of its parts. We value excellent communication and collaboration skills, creative problem solving, empathy, open mindedness, extreme attention to detail, a healthy dose of grit and a good sense of humor.
We take care of our own at Patientco. Some of the highlights include our infamous “Free Food Fridays”, casual dress code, no vacation tracking, monthly social events, and of course a full benefits package including health/dental/vision/401k. Bottom line: it’s a great place to work!