As a Senior Software Engineer at Patientco, you will do what you were born to do - write code that delights your users! Do you have the capacity to be a change-agent within the engineering team? Then this could be your spot.
You should care deeply about how your software is experienced. This means considering how both healthcare patients and providers use your products and how your peers will interact with your code.
Your experience should include having built and – equally important -- maintained software that customers interact with regularly. You should have a knack for making tools powerful without compromising their ease of use.
Do you want to lead the development of code/features with particular emphasis on improving technology platform and processes? Want the opportunity to drive our platform in various ways? Then take a look!
At Patientco, some of the things you will be responsible for include:
- Lead the evaluation / design / implementation of new technologies as needed to complete strategic product initiatives
- Define / educate team on new technologies and/or standards that are introduced to the team
- Build, test, and support new features/bug fixes in both new and existing applications
- Employ web-technologies, agile development methodologies, and existing healthcare technologies to create solutions that fulfill a direct user need
- Utilize enterprise level software designs to deliver highly effective solutions
- Quality Assurance/Testing
- Integrations/Systems Testing
- Automated front-end testing
- Code reviews
- Expected to seek out inefficiencies in process and actively propose/lead changes to improve engineering process
- Hold team members accountable for agreed upon goals – make sure peers follow process and focus on the right tasks to complete goals
- Provide feedback/recommendations to team in order to improve the team’s effectiveness (through retros)
- Support for onboarding/training for team members as needed
- And more....
Skills you need to have before applying:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or have equivalent experience
- 5-8 years experience in web-based software development with Object Oriented languages (PHP, Ruby, Python, .NET, Java, etc.)
- Experience with transaction/batch processing and high-availability systems
- A combination of experience with:
- Traditional RDBMS databases (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.)
- Git Version Control
- Unit and integration testing methodologies
- Apache or NGINX